To create your own distribution list in Google Apps/GMail:
- Click "Contacts" at the top of the page.
- Click the "+" on the picture of the TWO people (located beneath the words "Google apps" on left, above "My Contacts")
- Type the name of the distribution list (ex: School Techs)
- Next, click on "All Contacts" on left
- Check each person you want in your new list (you can select multiple people, just check each box)
- With the people selected, on the RIGHT, click the drop-down under "Groups"
- Under the "Add to..." section, click the name of your newly created group
After a moment, you will see the number on the left change from "0" to the number of people you selected
*** Repeat the above steps for each distribution list you want to create. ***
Now, you have to SIGN OUT and sign back in to send mail to the groups. It's weird, I know.
When you go back to MAIL and select "Compose Mail," as you start to type the name of your group, it should show up in the auto-complete drop-down. Just select the group and you're golden!