After upgrading to Windows 10, my HP LaserJet P1006 failed to work. The printer showed up in my printer list, however it would not process any print jobs. Technically, the queue would process it as if it were being sent to the printer (and thus disappear from the queue), but the printer would never actually print the job.
Thankfully, I found a working solution (posted below) on the HP Forums. I am copying it here just in case the forums disappear one day and/or to make it easier for me to find the information. Hope it helps someone! (Solution written by Shlomi L)
- First unplug the USB from your PC.
- From the Control Panel select Devices and Printers, if you see your printer listed right click it and select Remove Device.
- next restart your computer.
- Next right click the start menu and select Run, the Run dialog appears.
- Type printui.exe /s and press OK, the Print Server Properties opens.
- Open the Drivers tab.
- Select any instance of your printer and remove it, be sure to select the 2nd option to remote both the printer and its package.
- Once you are done install the software below, only plug the USb once the installation prompt doing so: