Feb 10, 2009

So, what do YOU do on a day off?

I woke up this morning and helped a little with the kids as they got ready for school. My main job today was taking my Mom to the airport, so she could get to Pittsburgh. She and I left around 8:30 this morning in the middle of a very foggy, soggy day.

We got to the airport around 10:15 this morning and Mom told me to just pull up to the curb and we would take of check-in at the curb. Her flight was scheduled to leave at 11:45 and at the Little Rock Airport, guests can only get to the top of the escalator (for all intents and purposes), so parking would have been a waste.

We got her checked in and said our goodbyes. I decided to run to Hobby Town, USA, down the road and see if I could pick up some boxes to ship baseball cards in. Sure enough! I also picked up a couple packs of cards just for kicks.

After that, I headed home. On the way, the rain came in waves. At times, things were nearly clear and at other times, you couldn't see anything until it was almost too late.

I decided to run through Mickey-D's for lunch. Since the Mcdonald's in Hope is now a recently poured cement slab, I haven't had Mcdonald's in a while and I was craving a cheeseburger. What my Mom failed to tell me was that her driver's side power window has a slight issue. You see, once the window goes down, it may or may not go back up again, depending on how much it likes you at the time. evidently, I had made it mad. I started driving down the Interstate with the rain pouring in and the window down. I looked every bit the hick I felt like - cruising down I-30 in a Cadillac in the rain with the window down... Brilliant.

I eventually, lowered the window all the way, and this time when I pushed the "up" button, the window started up! I did not let go of the button until the window was sealed shut.

I fought high winds and driving rain off and on the whole way home. I was surprised no one went careening off the road!

Once at home, I decided to put together some of the baseball boxes I am giving away. I have a gazillion cards, bought before i had my "12 Days of Christmas" giveaway. The problem is that I ended up winning nearly every eBay auction I had bid on, so my 'stash' of cards grew by about 20,000 or more! Ouch. Well, I decided that I would give them away on my baseball card blog. The response has been great! So, for the past few weeks, I have been organizing the cards and packing them up for shipment. It's actually been a lot of fun. And a LOT of work.

I picked up Tyler from school, ran through sonic for supper, and headed home again.

all in all, not a bad way to spend the day off in my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment