- Don't spit in the ocean
- Don't pee in the wind (or the pool)
- Don't take any wooden nickels
- You can't (edited) do Number One and Number Two at the same time
- Don't sneeze with your eyes open
- If you fall out of the tree and break your legs, don't come running to me
- Princess Bride is the dumbest movie
- You kids ride your Green Machines up and down the exit ramp while I try to flag down some help (that "help" turned out to be the State Police)
- Stop your crying or I'll give you something to cry about
- This is gonna hurt me more than... no, it won't.
- What the (blankety-blank) are you two (blanety-blank) kids doing up/down/over there!?
- If you two are going to horse around, then go outside and do it
- This will only take fifteen minutes to fix/do (then, three hours later.... we're still at it)
- This will be a shortcut (EIGHT hours later, still not even close to our destination)
- You can't get there from here
- You bet (used in any situation - right, wrong, indifferent)
- They (ticked) me off, so I quit.
- Keep your mouth shut, Henderson (talking to/about himself)
- Vos Los Tibby Hubbin? (That's the best "translation" I can do. I have no idea what it meant, but when he said it, it meant he wanted you to repeat yourself)
- I deleted a bunch of files that looked suspicious (turned out they were vital DLL files in his Windows directory)
- Hey, look what I found (talking about add-ons for games like FIFA, MADDEN, NHL Hockey, etc that made the games more "realistic")
- Coke Is It! (Thanks, Nik!)
- Detroit!? Who Cares! (I think this had something to do with a football slogan or something, but it became his saying for anything that would normally warrant a "who cares" response)
My head is full of random thoughts and generally useless tidbits of information. I figure I just as well share them with the rest of the world...
Mar 28, 2011
Stuff my Dad said
These little gems may not earn me a television show or a massive following on Twitter, but I was thinking about some of the things my Dad would tell us kids, and thought I'd share some (the ones I could remember):
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment