Jul 14, 2016
Work Life: Toshiba Copiers No Longer Send Email - FIXED!!
If you are a Google Apps environment, you may have issues sending email from your network copiers. I'm not sure what changed recently (June 2016), but there is a FIX!
Though the steps below are specific to Toshiba copiers, the general concept should apply to just about any copier or other device being used to send email from your site:
Thanks to user DeenMustapha on the SpiceWorks community boards for the following fix!
- Enable SMTP Client: Enable
- Enable SSL: Disable
- SMTP Server Address: smtp-relay.gmail.com
- POP Before SMTP: Disable
- Authentication: Disable
- Login Name and Password: I left my Google Apps User and Password
- Max. Email/InternetFax Size: 15MB
- Port Number: 25
In the Google Admin Console: See here - https://support.google.com/a/answer/2956491
- Go to Apps > Google Apps > Gmail > Advanced settings
- Scroll down to SMTP relay service - Configure
1. Allowed senders: Only addresses in my domains
2. Authentication: Check Only accept mail from the specified IP addresses - Add your customer's static IP. Leave Require SMTP Authentication unchecked.
3. Encryption: Leave Require TLS encryption unchecked.
Then click Add Setting and Save. Could take up to an hour to have the settings take effect...
Give it a try and let me know if it works for you. Good Luck!